Friday, January 23, 2009

Whoa!



I can't believe it has been almost a month since I have last written! December and January have definately brought life challenges that I certainly did not expect! The bumps in the road all started about two days after my last blog. I had layed down to nap after church on Sunday and awoke to the worst pain I have ever experienced! I could barely walk and found myself vomiting more than I thought humanly possible! After three hours my mom rushed me to the hospital and I was diagnosed with a complete blockage of my left ureter (connecting port between kidney and bladder). The doctor said that since my left kidney was not functioning I would have to have surgery to remove the blockage and have a stent placed. The surgery went beautifully and I was sent home the following day. All was fine until the stent was pulled...that's when things went down hill! I traveled back to Bamberg to return to work a couple hours after the stent removal and I felt so good! It's amazing how your world can be totally rocked in a matter of hours! Literally 8 hours after the removal of the stent I awoke to a fever of 105. I thought I was dying...like something was taking over my body. I couldn't stop shaking and I felt like my head was going to explode! I must stop here and say I have the BEST friends in the world. The Lord is so good! I called my friend Heather at 3am and she drove me to Columbia to meet my mother...who once again rushed me to the hospital. My doctor admitted me and I was later diagnosed with sepsis. Had I gone on much longer in this state, I would have died. I praise God for specialized healthcare providers and for the healthcare in the United States. Long story short, after 6 days in the hospital I am out and feeling better than ever!!! I have a new appreciation for life and also an amazing awareness about how fragile life is! God is so good!


Update on Bamberg...








I started back to work in Bamberg this past Monday. I can't believe it, but this month marks my third year as a Certified Nurse Midwife. I must say, my job never gets old! I have a job that I look forward to going to each and every day. The people I work with are amazing in so many ways. I am so proud to be a part of the ministry they provide for the area. I am also so excited because we are so busy! Our volume has picked up without a doubt and Leigh and I have a very busy year in store! I am so excited! As I look back on the past three years, I think of the first baby I ever delivered as a Certified Nurse Midwife. I also think of all of the special deliveries since....I would like to share some of my memories with you...enjoy!!!! Alot of the mothers in the pictures are now my most dearest friends! I am so blessed!










-Baby-Catcha

1 comment:

Rachel said...

We're so thankful that you are all better! I don't know what I would do without you!

And thanks for the stroll down memory lane; the kids look so young there!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones