Thursday, June 4, 2009

Baby Boom in the Berg...

Bamberg has been booming in the past week. We have had four babies since Saturday morning and we still have several women who are due as I blog!:) I delivered a beautiful baby boy bright and early on Saturday at 2:30! Gotta love midwife hours! He weighed 6 lbs 8 ounces and had the most beautiful head of blond hair. I had to cervidil his mother for postdates (42 wks) and she lucked out with a 2 plus hour labor! My next came at 6 pm Sunday evening (baby girl) and my third arrived Monday afternoon (another baby boy). It was the first baby for three of the mothers and they worked so hard! Sometimes I stand in awe at how amazing my patients truly are. Leigh caught baby number four yesterday afternoon and it was a girl. So, two boys and two girls!

Other news...I found out last week that I was accepted into the Family Nurse Pracitioner Program at USC. Whoo-hoo! I am really looking forward to starting this challenging program. If I have the dual degree CNM/FNP it will definitely open the doors of opportunity and allow me to see patients that aren't just women's health related. I will start taking classes in August.

Lastly, we are starting to renovate the midwifery waiting room tomorrow! I am still undecided about the color of paint to use on the walls! Any suggestions? I have a feeling that this room is going to take a lot of work. Thankfully, I have amazing friends who are going to help me! I am so blessed to have such good friends. Without their help this endeavor would be IMPOSSIBLE! Pictures to come of our progress...
Anna

No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones