Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The Other Midwife


Hi everyone, this is Leigh Wood, the other midwife in the Bamberg practice. I am slowly and painfully moving into the 21st century, as this blog is witness. Anna and I have worked together off and on for over 3 years. I've been here in Bamberg ever since I graduated from the MUSC program 1n 1982. I managed to fall into one of the best places to practice midwifery around. Over the years I have worked with so many wonderful people and helped teach midwifery students in their clinical rotations. The best part of being here has been the wonderful families that I have grown to know and love over the years. Just the other day a woman waved me over and asked if I knew her. I did, she was the first woman I assisted in a birth as a new graduate and employee. Now her baby has babies!! I'm catching babies from babies I have caught. That makes me feel old and happy at the same time. Every birth is a blessing and I know what a gift each woman has given me by allowing me to be with her. More later as I get the hang of all this.
Leigh

No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones